HIV/AIDS Treatment Information Service
The HIV/AIDS Treatment Information Service (ATIS), a free telephone reference service for health care providers and people living with HIV infection, is nearing the end of its first year of service. To date, the service has answered more than 10,000 calls.
Call ATIS to find out about the latest federally approved HIV/AIDS treatment options and research findings, including:
To talk to an ATIS reference specialist or order a copy of a publication call 1-800-HIV-0440 or 1-800-243-7012 (TTY) or send an email to email@example.com
- USPHS Recommendations for HIV Counseling and Voluntary Testing for Pregnant Women
- USPHS/IDSA Guidelines for the Prevention of Opportunistic Infections in Persons Infected With HIV
- NIAID Press Release, ACTG 175: Anti-HIV Therapy Lowers Risk of AIDS, Death in Patients With Intermediate-Stage HIV Disease
Glossary of HIV/AIDS-Related Terms
ATIS has recently developed the Glossary of HIV/AIDS-Related Terms to help people understand technical terms related to HIV, its pathogenesis, its associated treatments, and the medical management of related conditions. To receive a FREE copy, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-458-5231. The text is also available on the CDC NAC gopher.
ATIS is sponsored by the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Health Resources and Services Administration, Indian Health Service, National Institutes of Health, and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. The service is offered through the CDC National AIDS
Look for Us
Stop by the Clearinghouse exhibit booth or attend one of the following CDC NAC workshops at the National Skills Building Conference, October 19-22, in Los Angeles, CA:
Also, look for the Clearinghouse exhibit at "Planned Parenthood: Continuing the Legacy," 79th Annual Conference, November 1-5, in New York, NY.
- "CDC NAC 101"--Learn about the broad range of HIV/AIDS information available through the Clearinghouse
- "Introduction to CDC NAC ONLINE"--All about the electronic bulletin board service provided by the Clearinghouse
- "Accessing HIV/AIDS Funding Information Through CDC NAC"--Learn about searching the CDC NAC Funding Database
- "HIV/AIDS Information Available Electronically"--A joint presentation by CDC NAC, AEGIS, HandsNet, NLM, AIDS Housing of Washington, and Computerized AIDS Information Network
- "Introduction to the AIDS Clinical Trials Information Service (ACTIS) and the HIV/AIDS Treatment Information Service (ATIS)"
New and Updated Resource Guides for CBOs
Please note: there is a $4 shipping & handling fee for these guides; call 1-800-458-5231 to order a copy.
- HIV/AIDS Funding Resource Guide offers guidance to organizations seeking funds for AIDS-related projects. It includes information on organizations that offer funding, a bibliography of relevant publications, a glossary of funding terminology, a list of journals and newsletters, and more. Look for it at the National Skills Building Conference.
- National Organizations Providing HIV/AIDS Services: A Directory for Community-Based Organizations has been updated. Since its debut at the 1994 National Skills Building Conference, the Clearinghouse has distributed more than 6,000 copies of this resource guide. The new edition contains updated information on national HIV/AIDS service organizations.
Free Publications: Educational Materials on AIDS-Related Topics
The Clearinghouse offers the Standard Search Series to provide you with up-to-date information drawn from the Clearinghouse's Educational Materials Database. The database is a unique collection of information about more than 14,000 hard-to-find educational materials on HIV and AIDS. Each database search contains information on approximately 100 materials and is updated annually. The searches in this series, covering 15 topic areas, provide a sampling of the most recent materials available.
A new search, HIV/AIDS and Asians and Pacific Islanders, is now available, as well as the following updated searches:
Please contact the Clearinghouse for a complete list of all Standard Search topics.
- HIV/AIDS and Native Americans and Alaska Natives
- HIV/AIDS and Nutrition
- HIV/AIDS and Substance Abuse
- HIV/AIDS and Women
- Condoms, Safer Sex, and Risk Reduction: HIV Prevention Materials
About CDC NAC Services
Interested in basic information about the Clearinghouse and its services? Order a copy of the new CDC National AIDS Clearinghouse User's Guide. The User's Guide provides a brief overview of all of the Clearinghouse's services, including reference and referral, publications distribution, and the Internet.
To order a copy of the free publications described here, send an email to email@example.com or call 1-800-458-5231.
Back to Clearinghouse Update Main Page