NPIN Web Features
- NPIN Databases
- NPIN Publications
- Resources by Topic
- FTP Library
- NPIN Services
- E-mail NPIN
The CDC National Prevention Information Network (NPIN) respects the privacy
of visitors to the NPIN Web site. NPIN does not provide personal identifying
information to any outside organization or any government agency.
Why is Information Collected?
- We may collect a limited amount of information on usage of the Web
site for statistical purposes, in order to measure the number of visitors
to the various sections of our site and to help us make our site more
useful to visitors.
- Feedback is solicited from our site survey so that we can provide
better service through the NPIN Web site.
- We also collect mailing address information from users in order to
fulfill on-line publication orders.
What Information is Collected?
- The information collected includes standard server log information,
such as the domain name or IP address from which you access the Internet,
the date and time you access our site, the pages you viewed, the type
of browser and operating system you used to access our site, and, if
you linked to our site from another Web site, that Web site's address.
We collect this information on an aggregate basis only. Our Web site
logs are not personally identifiable, and we make no attempt to link
them with the individuals that actually browse the site. For example,
we track which pages are most popular among visitors as a whole, but
pages viewed are not identified with individual users.
- When inquires are sent to us via E-mail, we store the question and
the E-mail address information so that we can respond electronically.
- Those who fill out the NPIN site survey are asked to volunteer information
about their occupation, as well as demographic information. No personal
identifying information is required nor collected.
- In order to fulfill on-line publication orders, users must submit
their name and mailing address. All information submitted is considered
restricted and confidential.
What Information is not Collected?
Unless otherwise required by statute, we do not identify publicly who
sends questions or comments to our Web site. We will not obtain information
that will allow us to personally identify you when you visit our site,
unless you chose to provide such information to us.
us at 1-800-458-5231 or E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.